Create your own Vision Board 2018
Vision boards, also known as dream boards, are an incredible visualization tool. It’s a collage of images, words, pictures, and items that represent your desires, goals and dreams. A vision board allows you to get focused on what you want to achieve. It’s only when we are clear about what we want that we can make the modest effective decisions to move in the right direction towards our goals.
This year I want to create a vision board that represents my feelings in relation to my personal relationships, success in my career and finances, home, travel, personal growth, spirituality, education, and health. For example, I want to find a picture of a beautiful sofa because when I’m in my home office, I want to feel the same way I feel in a nice hotel. I want to add a few pics of my last holiday in Italy, where I felt incredibly relaxed, inspired and in love with art.
I firmly believe if you have a constant visualisation practice, you will find yourself being more motivated to reach your goals. You’ll start noticing small changes and you will find yourself doing things that move you closer to your vision. The purpose of your vision board is to bring everything on it to life.
Here’s my vision board process on how to create your inspirational board.
Before you start:
- Be grateful for the good that is already present in your life.
- Acknowledge any goals you have already achieved this year.
- Acknowledge the changes you have seen and felt.
Vision board creating:
- Firstly, mindset: have a positive attitude and belief in yourself. Be ready to imagine all of the great things you want to bring to life in 2018.
- Remember there is one rule: ‘there aren’t any rules’ you can create it on your own terms.
- Create a vision statement that makes you vibrate and feel happy about your life. I’ve created a statement that describes what success means to me. It’s written in the present and dated 31st Dec 2018.
- Collect Photos, quotes, sayings, images of places you want to go, reminders of events, places, or people, postcards from friends and just about anything that will inspire you. I prefer to handwrite my quotes and place them on my board instead of printing or cutting them from a magazine.
- Arrange the pictures and words on the board. You can use any kind of board. I recommend a pin board.
- You can have more than one vision board. I personally like to have one central vision board.
- Place your vision board somewhere in your home that you will walk past regularly. It’s a great piece of motivation and a reminder about the road that you are traveling and where you want that road to take you.
- Finally, have fun. Get in the mood, light a candle and clear your space. Get creative, invite your friends over and make a party out of it.
I’d love to know how you go with this, please write your own experience in the comments…
PS: If you would like my support in creating your vision board for 2018, please cotact me and we can discuss arranging a vision board creation session together.